How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
About Ross Information Technology
Ross IT provides the Michigan Ross community with a comprehensive suite of technologies, web-based business solutions, and support to help our shared instructional, research, administrative and service missions.
The Application Programmer / Analyst Senior position plans, creates, coordinates, and maintains internet-based applications requiring advanced techniques in a complex software environment. This position primarily works with processes and data used by the Ross School’s Salesforce instance, but will also work with processes and data used by other Ross systems. The position will report to the Director of Application Services and is a part of the Ross Information Technology department.
Application analysis, design and programming
- Work independently and in coordination with other application programmers to analyze, design, create, and test complex computer applications and instructional tools using a variety of development tools, programming languages and databases.
- Prepare project analysis reports of proposed systems for management, including functional scope documents, data flow charts, user interface wireframes, and quality assurance test plans.
- Create and coordinate the interfaces between major systems and programs, using RDA requests, API methods, and ETL tools.
- Manage the development and deliverables of complex projects, including timelines, delivery schedules, installation support and end-user training as needed.
Support Released Applications
- Modify and extend current applications as business needs and software functional requirements change.
- Manage developer SysAid queue tickets and tasks
- Manage and participate in QA testing of departmental applications with end users
Training and Skills Development
- Extend technical and leadership skills by participating in Training / Learning Opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5-7 years of systems analysis/programming experience, or combination of education, experience and training.
- Contributes to a positive work community by approaching work with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treats others with respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality in matters of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Candidate must also have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and consistently meet deadlines
- NET coding experience, including the creation of objects / classes
- API coding experience with REST and/or JSON
- Administrator and Developer Certification in Salesforce
- Experience with Oracle database tools and methods
- Experience programming in a Higher Education setting
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Requires the ability to travel to various locations to conduct work and deliver material
- The person in this position occasionally moves through the facility to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- Will require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
- May require on-call hours
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.