- Under direct supervision by the RN performs delegated clinical or laboratory procedures.
- Monitor, set-up& maintain the operations of clinical equipment.
- Record & document vital signs.
- Stock & maintain inventory of specialized areas.
- Transport patiens to & from designated locations.
- Assist with admitting & discharge procdures.
- Perform other related duties as assignedunder the direction and superision of the RN>
High school diploma or equivalent is necessary.
Minimum 12-month recent experience as a Nurse Aid/Tech in a hospital setting, nursing home or similar setting and/or has attended and passed CNA course or is CNA certified, or if a nursing student has completed at least one clinical.
Must be able to perform a wide range of physical activities which include moving, transporting and positioning patients and equipment as well as constantly positioning self to provide patient care and related duties.
Attended and passed CNA course or CNA state certification desired.
Recent experience in an acute care inpatient setting and basic computer skills is desired.
Demonstrated communication skills both written and verbal is desired.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.