Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Occupational Therapy Team?
As a Neuro Occupational Therapist, you will play vital role in improving the function of people facing challenges with daily living activities due to acute and chronic neurological and general rehab conditions. Our Neuro OTs have highly specialized skills and training in order to comprehensively evaluate and treat patients. We utilize the latest technologies and equipment in order to shorten the patients’ healing times and improve their overall level of care. If you are passionate about rehab care and looking to join a high performing multidisplinary care team, please apply today.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Tremendous team support
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
What skills will you master?
- You will evaluate and treat patients with acute and chronic neurological and general rehab conditions
- You will utilize advanced technological equipment to improve the conditions of the patient and assist in achieving their health goals
- You will have the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge by working in a rich learning environment with experts in the field of neurological and physical rehabilitation.
- You will be exposed to advanced treatment skills in the areas of splinting, casting, driving and home accessibility.
- You will have program development and leadership opportunities as we expand specialty programs and skilled therapy services in this area.
- You may supervise OT Assistants and act as a Clinical Instructor/Preceptor for Occupational Therapy students
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master of Science, or Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Completion of an internship program is necessary
- Current Michigan Registration in Occupational Therapy and NBOT membership
- 1-3 years of multidisciplinary rehab experience is helpful
- Experience in orthopedic/manual therapy foundation is helpful
The facility hours are Monday- Friday 7A-7P and Saturdays (7AM – 12:30 PM). This position is full-time, working a day shift
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.