Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to delivering the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Brighton area.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Nurse Practitioners and Physicians
- Potential exposure to many Specialty Care Departments
What skills will you master?
Our Dermatology Medical Assistants will specialize in areas that no other department offers, and we are excited to help you grow your skills. Not only will you learn how to assist with complex procedures, you will also go through an intake with patients which includes documenting their chief complaint, and gathering vital signs and weight for patients on high risk medications and for patients being admitted to the hospital. In addition to these areas you will complete forms with patients, perform complex specimen collections, provide routine but complex instructions for patient procedures and treatments, follow-up with patients who have low complexity test results, perform suture removals, process prescription renewals, administer medication injections, review and update MiChart, and order clinical supplies and medications.
- We do require that you have a High school diploma or GED
- You are required to have either graduated from a Medical Assistant program OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some office experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
Associate Level :
- 1-3 years of experience.
Assistant Level :
- 0-1 year of experience.
- Certification as an MA is desirable.
- Candidates with previous dermatology experience is desired.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare system.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
What will your work schedule look like?
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
As part of the orientation training process, your training will be held at multiple locations during your first few months of the employment.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.