The University of Michigan Department of Surgery is seeking a Temporary Research Associate to work in Dr. Benjamin Levi's laboratory.
- Collects, analyzes, and processes laboratory samples
- Perform standard molecular biology experiments including DNA and RNA isolations, protein isolation, PCR, and qPCR
- Perform histology procedures including parrafin/cryosectioning and staining
- Perform CT scan analysis
- Candidate may also be involved in animal experiments including harvesting of tissues
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Proficiency is Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with basic laboratory instrumentation and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Proficient record keeping
- Exceptional work ethic
- Bachelors degree and 1 year experience working in a basic research laboratory
One or more years' experienc as a full time research technician
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.