How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
HITS Analytics is seeking an Business Intelligence Analyst to assist with development and implementation of analytical systems which save lives, lower costs and further research and education. The successful candidate will first and foremost be a competent learner. The candidate will also be expected to effectively learn internal processes, contribute to the advancement of analytics in our organization and ultimately help others in a similar journey. Also, candidate will be expected to learn specific development methodologies as well as work and coordinate with business analysts, project managers and customers to complete product design through development, deployment and maintenance cycles.
Leading candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Operate independently with supervision and through close coordination with other team members and leadership.
- Suggest process improvements through automation of data flow.
- Proactively identify and prioritize business improvements.
- Lead development of dashboards and other systems in an agile environment.
- Coordinate with various business and technical groups whose support is needed to build or deploy data warehouses / applications / portals / dashboards.
Analytics Services and Support:
- Learning internal processes and help new and experienced customers achieve success with data and data visualization tools.
- Dashboard development, customization, development of visualizations, trending, outliers, etc.
- Data development (to aid in the support of Dashboard and other visualization efforts).
- Education and experience: BA or BS in quantitative field with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Critical experience and skills include a background in Information Technology as well as Data Visualization, Dashboard creation, Process Improvement and an understanding of all stages of information systems development.
- Ability to provide examples of competent learning skills in action.
Qualified individuals must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally to clients, peers, management and vendors. Candidates must also be able to communicate business requirements to technical staff and technical concepts to business staff, demonstrate a high tolerance for complexity and ambiguity as well as the ability to identify tasks and complete them with limited supervision.
- 1 or more years programming in complex technical environments - emphasis on health care.
- 1 or more years’ experience with Oracle DBMS and SQL development tools.
- 1 or more years’ experience with Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience with Epic Data Model
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.