The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
As a Mammography Technologist with Michigan Medicine, you will perform both high quality screening, diagnostic and procedural Breast Imaging exams. You’ll adapt procedures to obtain specific results and therapeutic results. You will interpret patient histories and physician instructions. Patients come to Michigan Medicine when they are searching for high-end specialty care. Our physicians and clinicians take groundbreaking research from bench to bedside. If you want to develop and grow, maximize and expand your career experience as a Mammographic Technologist, there is no better place.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous PTO program.
- Exposure to innovative medical imaging studies and practices.
- Advancement opportunities into lead roles and specialty imaging departments.
- State of the art technology.
- Opportunity to work with world renowned Radiologist.
- Opportunity to participate in research.
- You will learn to effectively image with top-of-the-line equipment from GE and Hologic.
- You'll become skilled in interpreting patient histories and physician instructions to ensure proper imaging and diagnostic results are produced.
- Our Mammographic Technologists are deeply dynamic, flexible and dependable. We work with all types of patients are prepared to respond appropriately at all times.
- You’ll perfect critical thinking skills, ingenuity, creativity and integrity.
- Our Main Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center and sees a great variety of critical care patients.
Graduation from a school of Radiologic Technology.
Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Certification in Mammography.
Ability to push, pull, and lift 50 lbs.
Ability to be in stationary position (sitting or standing) up to 80% of the time.
Days and evenings with the flexibility to to accommodate rotating weekends.
All Mammography Technologists will rotate though several locations including our Main Hospital and attached Cancer Center, Canton, Livonia, Briarwood, West Ann Arbor and East Ann Arbor.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering current employees exclusively in an effort to offer advancement opportunities to our tenured employees. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration during this period but our process for external employees will begin 30 days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.