How to Apply
Send a brief letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three references to J. Brian Fowlkes, Ph.D., Basic Radiological Sciences Division, Department of Radiology, University of Michigan. These materials should be submitted electronically and sent to Sandra Crump (email@example.com). Inquiries regarding these positions can be made to J Brian Fowlkes at: 734-763-5882 Phone; 734-764-8541 Fax; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Radiology at the University of Michigan, School of Medicine is a seeking highly motivated candidate for a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship working in an academic industry partnership research program. The position is an immediate opening with a one-year appointment and a second year renewal option.
- Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, applied physics, electrical engineering or a related field.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and versed in the field of biomedical ultrasound and/or beamforming
- Knowledgeable in motion tracking and have experience with programming on a Verasonics ultrasound imaging platform
- Extensive experience with signal processing using Matlab and be able to set up and conduct experimental studies using state-of-the-art ultrasound scanners and flow phantoms in bench-top experiments and clinical settings
- Knowledge in elasticity imaging is favorable
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.