The Section of Pediatric Surgery in the Department of Surgery at Michigan Medicine is currently seeking an experienced research fellow or lab specialist to join an R01-funded stem cell research laboratory in the BSRB led by Shaun Kunisaki, MD. The qualified person will work closely with the Principal Investigator as well as with cell biologists and biomedical engineers on campus.
- Perform tissue culture of mammalian cells, including induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and neural stem cells
- Cell reprogramming to create new iPSCs lines
- Differentiation and analysis of iPSCs into neural derivatives
- Perform experiments in rodents, including tissue dissection, husbandry tasks, administration of anesthetic agents
- Analyze data, prepare, and present data for publication and presentations
- Manuscript preparation
- Participate in biweekly scheduled lab meetings, maintain knowledge of recent, relevant literature through reading, conferences, and seminars
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- At least 2 years of experience in cell biology and in rodent models, with a total of 4-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail and accuracy, and strong record-keeping skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with diverse groups of faculty, staff and students
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently
- Experience in providing instruction/training to others
- Doctorate Degree in a related field
- Previous experience working with stem cells
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.