MLabs IT Analyst is responsible for providing technical services support to MLabs client account as well as support of MLabs division staff hardware and software. The MLabs IT Analyst works collaboratively with other Departmental and Michigan Medicine IT staff and with minimal guidance to rapidly identify and solve problems related to primary responsibilities.
- Manage new user and account change requests, including creation of new user accounts, enabling and disabling existing accounts, and resetting passwords in MLabs Connect electronic order and result reporting web-based portal.
- Process physician list change requests for specified Clients in MLabs Connect system.
- Process patient list update requests for specified Clients in MLabs Connect system.
- Monitor the daily Laboratory Information System’s scheduled fax and print jobs and assist in facilitating problem resolution.
- Monitor and troubleshoot enterprise secure file transfer protocol (MiShare) application automated report deliveries.
- Provide MLabs staff hardware support, including procurement of hardware and associated consumable supplies for MLabs staff equipment.
- Provide MLabs staff hardware and software support. Implement Pathology related hardware/software for Michigan Medicine core image builds within MLabs Division. Configure, install, update, and maintain MLabs equipment and associated software. Examples include Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Adobe suite applications, SCC Soft Computer applications (Soft), Aspect, and AccuRoute. Administer Mlabs email distribution groups and AccuRoute contacts. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Create and maintain equipment and IT configuration inventories, technical and procedure documentation for MLabs IT operations and support roles. Collect and ensure digital storage of MLabs and Client documents including MLabs User Account Change Request forms and Confidentiality Agreement documentation. Maintain paper/electronic documentation required by Department of Pathology and Michigan Medicine accrediting agencies as related to primary responsibilities.
- Accept calls from and assist Client IT support representatives in resolving issues affecting their MLabs systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoot workstation, laser printer and label printer hardware issues and network issues related to the operation of the MLabs Connect application in the Client facilities.Support client network connection for MLabs hardware. Work with Michigan Medicine teams to establish new VPN connections to client sites, support existing client sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, laboratory science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in a large health care environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Service Excellence.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting SCC Soft Computer System, EPIC EMR systems, and Atlas Laboratory Web Portal
- Clinical laboratory workflow experience
- Experience working in a reference laboratory information technology environment
- Experience in supporting large clinical laboratory information systems
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language and report writing skills
- Experience supporting interfaces at a healthcare facility is highly desirable with an understanding of HL7 messaging protocol
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
This part time, 20 hour position is Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 11:30 am.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.