How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration of this position and is to be attached as the first page of your resume. Please address, in your cover letter, your specific interest in this position, and outline the skills and experience you have that directly relate to this position.
The Office of Patient Experience is committed to promoting and sustaining the ideal patient experience through excellence in patient and family centered care. Each employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The Office of Patient Experience is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to ensure that Michigan Medicine maintains excellence in the safety, quality, and experience in care.
- Provide broad and varied administrative assistance to the Office of Patient Experience.
- Will require the ability to handle confidential materials with discretion and good judgment, maintain various calendars, schedule appointments and meetings, and coordinate all aspects related to meeting/event arrangements.
- Track and reconcile expenses consistent with university policies and procedures.
- Support timekeeping function in unit/department.
- Assist with travel coordination, hosting arrangements, itinerary preparation, and travel expense reimbursements for faculty, students, and guests.
- Perform P-card reconciliation or receiving functions .
- Assist in management of meetings and events including event budgets, logistics (e.g. room scheduling, equipment, vendor relationships, catering, invitations, RSVP’s, other communications), preparation of agenda items, minute-taking, documentation and tracking of follow-up activities as necessary.
- Draft, edit, and format complex communications, documents, and reports using Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as an ability to compose and edit work products with limited supervision and guidance.
- Conduct purchasing and procurement functions.
- Process various payments.
- Various office duties including ordering/maintaining office supplies, filing of electronic and hard copy documents, creating and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems as needed, all in confidential, organized manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- At least 3 years of related administrative experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, Outlook Calendar and Email.
- Demonstrated detail and accuracy in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to excel in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Work under general supervision.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively during a period of institutional change.
- Unimpeachable level of confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully with patients and families, staff, faculty, and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong attendance record, must be able to work 40 hours per week.
- Associate Degree or higher.
- At least 3 years of higher education administrative experience.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Agenda setting and minute-taking.
- Knowledge of University of Michigan policies and procedures.
- Event support including catering and room/venue scheduling.
- Experience using M-Pathways, Concur, Banner, Marketsite, purchase cards (P-Card), and M+Box
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.