How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of two (2) (1.0 FTE), Advanced Practice Professionals-NP will be hired to fill these two job openings.
The CS Mott Children’s Hospital in partnership with the Anchors Programs of Hospice of Michigan is hiring two (2) full time Nurse Practitioners to become part of a hospital/community program called “Michigan’s Partners for Children”. This program will provide home based services for children with chronic complex conditions who receive specialty and hospital based care at Mott Children’s Hospital. These NP’s will spend approximately 85% of their time doing assessments and care management in the patient’s homes, and the rest of their hours participating in care and care coordination activities for these patients in the hospital.
- Under physician supervision, coordinates care of chronic, complex infants, children and adolescents.
- Specifically, role requires the NP to perform at home patient assessments at intervals of every two (2) weeks to two (2) months, to gather information obtained from specialty visits, primary care visits, and hospital encounters and to create and update documents that summarize case summaries, problem lists, and medication lists.
- Create and update, under physician supervision, care plans.
- Participate in bi-weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss new and active patients.
- Communicate assessments and care plans to the primary care provider and specialty consultants.
- Order tests and prescribe medications.
- Confer with attending physicians and communicate with other care providers/consultants to coordinate clinical care.
- Maintain accurate documentation regarding patient status, evaluations, and treatment.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the attending physician
- Utilize new improvements and/or technologies that relate to job assignment.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMnursing.org
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan
- National Certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Primary or Acute Care) or as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Pediatric nursing.
- Experience caring for medically complex children with advanced illnesses, and their families
- Experience caring for children receiving palliative care services
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team setting
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. New Graduate NP's will be considered for this program.
**Condition of hire for New Graduate NPs: Selected candidate must have required NP certification and Michigan licensure before the start of credentialing.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
- Experience as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Experience coordinating care of complex patients with chronic illnesses.
- Experience caring for children with high symptom burden and/or complex conditions requiring multiple consultative services
- Advanced Practice Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Certification and/or Palliative Care training program
- Excellent communicaiton and interpersonal skills
Hours/Week: 40 Hours/Week
Shift/Hours/Days: A minimum of three (3) home visits per day will be completed four (4) days a week. An average of eight (8) hours per week will be spent seeing patients in the hospital and participating in documentation and care coordination meetings.
NPs will take call on average of one (1) night and one (1) weekend per six (6) week period. Weekend and holiday coverage may be required.
NP Tier: NP MEDICAL SUBSPECIALTY TIER 2
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail email@example.com. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.