How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The School for Environment and Sustainability's (SEAS) overarching mission is to contribute to the protection of the Earth's resources and the achievement of a more just society. Through research, education, and outreach, the faculty, staff and students are devoted to generating knowledge and developing policies, techniques, and skills to help practitioners manage and conserve environmental resources to meet the full range of human needs on a sustainable basis.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant Intermediate in the Development and Alumni Relations Office. This position would be part of a small, tight knit team housed in the dean's office. The position will be primarily responsible supporting the development and alumni relations operations of the school through a wide range of important functions encompassing calendar management, travel planning, gift processing, gift acknowledge, record keeping, light prospect research, prospect stewardship reporting, general fund raising reporting, and liaison with central development offices.
General Administrative Duties
- Calendar management
- General correspondence
- Act as the backup P-Card reconciler, completing travel expense reports and other financial transactions
- Prepare mailings including the use of mail merge
- Assist with concur expense reporting
- Maintain department's policies and procedures document
Stewardship and Gift Processing
- Assist with gift processing, gift reporting, and the creating of gift agreements
- Plan, coordinate , and execute all alumni related events (local and national)
- Manage event related vendors
- Coordinate travel arrangements and other related arrangements for the development and alumni relations office and Visiting Committee members
- Enter and manage alumni contact reports in university database systems
- Alumni information data entry and management through university database systems
- Respond to request for information from alumni and benefactors
Annual Giving and Major Gift Support
- Assist in implementing the annual giving programs
- Help manage mailings
- Light prospect research
- Prospect record management and profile sheet production
- Liaison with research, analytics, Donor Alumni Relationship Tool (DART), legal offices and Office of University Development offices
- Serve as the primary backup to Dean's Office receptionist for taking calls and greeting visitors for the SEAS Dean's Office suite
- Additional duties as directed
- 1-3 years administrative support experience and high school diploma required
- Proven interpersonal skills, strong communications skills, both written and verbal are required
- A working knowledge of the operation and application of Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students
- 2-5 years administrative support experience and a Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with the DART, Concur, and Business Objects perferred.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.