Michigan Medicine Supply Chain Services is seeking a results oriented, experienced senior financial analyst. The senior financial analyst is part of the Supply Chain Services management team at Michigan Medicine. The senior financial analyst will work with internal and external business partners to provide business insights and recommendations as well as to execute process improvements based on supply chain strategy as well as performance and growth targets for the overall health system. This individual should work with high intensity and integrity, possess intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate both leadership abilities and a passion for excellence.
- Develop and maintain responsibility for financial and operational performance and metric reporting
- Create modeling and sensitivity tools to provide analytics for core business drivers
- Provide analysis for strategic transformation initiatives and planned growth
- Prepare professional presentation materials to be used internally and externally
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting process
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
- Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data focused on forecasts and analyzes of trends in operational activity, staff utilization, finance, and general business conditions in support of Supply Chain Operations.
- Review and provide assessment of financial performance for supply chain operations, including budget and variance trends.
- Assist in the development of organization economic policies, budget and forecasting requests, staff analyses, and other financial needs
- Conduct special economic studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies
- 5 - 8 years of professional financial and operations analytics experience ideally in a supply chain or health care environment.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar quantitative field of study
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of supply chain and/or inventory operations to add insight into business intelligence.
- Demonstrated originality and ingenuity in solving complex questions and problems in an operational environment.
- Expert proficiency in excel, tableau, and other reporting and analytical tools to drive performance improvements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information across multiple data sources.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying trends in performance and opportunities for improvement through use of multiple information sources and other analytical tools.
- Well-organized, able to establish priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and function with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people in all disciplines and at all levels of an organization
- Completes work with a high level of accuracy with close attention to detail
- Proficient in SQL or aptitude to become proficient quickly with training
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management, and Human Resource Management Systems data and reporting functions
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine forecast and budget Process and other business functions
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.