The Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA) is seeking an enthusiastic, tech savvy, self-starter to fill an immediate opening for a Business Systems Analyst Senior (BSA) position. This position will assist with the implementation of new technologies such as CRM as well as analysis of data, business processes and systems. across the department.
The selected candidate will perform complex statistical analyses of data reported in the various information systems with a primary focus on the student data sets. This position will also design and create data visualizations that have an intuitive interface and are easy to understand. As a member of the OUA Systems & Research team, the BSA will have an opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment with other BSAs and cross-functional teams to support the needs of OUA and the University community.
- Designs, programs, tests and assists in the implementation of new CRM – including production and end-user support, process analysis, documentation, evaluation and maintenance aspects.
- Analyzes business and user needs, document requirements and translate into system requirement specifications.
- Develops and executes test plans to ensure that a product or system meets design specifications, security, and other requirements.
- Creates ad hoc queries for data requests and special projects focusing primarily on recruitment and admissions, third-week count and student data. Develops data visualizations of institutional data using Tableau and other tools as needed.
- Enhances existing applications by utilizing a thorough knowledge of the OUA mission, current business processes, knowledge of data and reporting requirements. Increases operating efficiency and adapt existing systems to new requirements. Develops and/enhances policies and procedures for reporting.
- Provides and interprets admissions data; responds to regular and ad-hoc data reporting requests.
- Maintains, prioritizes and coordinates project activities focused on automation.
- Provides technical documentation for all new programs and modifications.
- Provide systems, data and reporting support for OUA staff and other university departments as directed.
- Assists with special projects for OUA, Office of Enrollment Management, academic units, and other University offices requesting assistance with data and reporting. Contributes ideas and assists with problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science/Math, Information Systems or other related field
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated skills in business systems analysis, requirements gathering, design, and system testing.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software, understand technical information, and communicate it to others using clear, concise, and user-friendly language.
- Strong understanding of database reporting, database structure, data mapping, data management, data manipulation and data mining techniques.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Access and Excel. Working knowledge of statistical software SPSS.
- Experience working with reporting software
- Strong SQL querying skills
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive data.
- Must be detail oriented with an ability to work independently.
- Ability to identify process improvements and suggest solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and respond to ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates strong motivation and ability to learn, continuing to keep up with new developments in data processing and admission’s business processes.
- Develop data visualizations of institutional data using Tableau and other tools as needed
- An understanding of student data and reporting functions in an admissions environment.
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft Student systems. Working experience with a combination of PeopleSoft Query, Business Objects, and Tableau
- Experience with SQL Developer
The Business Systems Analyst Senior position will report to the Associate Director, Systems & Research in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
The Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) furthers the mission of the University of Michigan by using a strategic and collaborative approach to recruiting and developing leaders and citizens who challenge the present and enrich the future. OEM carries out this work through four integrated departments that use data and analysis in innovative ways to inform decisions and develop processes that ensure the best possible experience for students, from prospect through graduation. These four departments include the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, Office of New Student Programs, and Office of the Registrar.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.