How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Precision Health is a new initiative within the university that will engage faculty across the entire campus in aspects of Precision Health discovery, translation, implementation and policy research. The project is in the pre-launch phase with internal funding for three years and a goal to raise significant additional funds through the UM Development Office through the leadership of Dr. Marschall Runge, EVPMA and President Schlissel. The Precision Health project will focus on a set of specific use cases as well as create a support infrastructure accessible to faculty to assist their individual and collective research efforts.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates the application of information system techniques to existing and future needs.
- Performs complex systems analysis and programming tasks requiring advanced techniques.
- Provides technical advice and consultation on difficult analysis and programming problems requiring advanced techniques.
- Participates in systems development and maintenance.
- Conducts analysis of complex data processing applications and prepares feasibility studies to evaluate user needs for new or revised systems.
- Coordinates the interfaces between major systems and programs.
- Activities include the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex program designs.
- Often responsible for achieving operational status within required time parameters and with acceptable operating performance.
- Defines system objectives and prepares systems design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems. Investigates available hardware and software configurations and capabilities; recommends optimal system to meet applications objectives.
- Aids in developing programming, systems analysis and documentation standards.
- Prepares cost analysis and justification of data processing systems. Presents recommendations to management. Prepares and conducts comprehensive system and programming tests.
- Debugs malfunctions and modifies programs accordingly.
- Recommends system software modifications or changes to hardware configurations.
- May provide project leadership to lower level staff.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience. 5 to 7 years of systems analysis/programming in a business environment.
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Able to utilize Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data mining functionalities for business related applications
- Experienced with Reporting Services to design, create and maintain various reporting tools
- Experience with C, C++, C# and ASP .Net 2010 and higher.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Experience writing and debugging Microsoft SQL Server Stored Procedures, Scalar Functions, Common Table Expressions (CTE) and Table-Valued Functions.
- Experience in health-system information technology
- Familiarity with health system operation
Positon may filled at intermediate level (App Programmer/Analyst Intermediate) for candidates that do not meet the 5 year experience level. Staff at intermediate level would require greater oversight and would not be expected to mentor more junior staff.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.