How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are seeking a new team member for our Financial Team in the Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Accounting functions to include: Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and review reports for accuracy, process check deposits, gift log tracking and monthly journal entries as requested.
- Accounts Payable functions to include: Create purchase orders and requisitions in compliance with procurement guidelines. Invoice processing, working directly with vendors on invoicing issues and/or discrepancies, solving vendor maintenance issues and processing Peoplepay payments. Provide oversight of M-marketsite orders for the department. Support staff as needed on purchasing decisions.
- Review concur reports for appropriate documentation and support.
- Inventory of office supplies and ordering for the main office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and ability to work collaboratively.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Requires minimal of high school education and/or previous working experience in an office setting.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn processes/procedures.
- Proficiency in the Windows computing environment, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with University of Michigan policies, procedures, and data systems.
Taubman Center- B1354
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.