Basic Responsibility: Assist in the creation of ICLE video products by recording editing, encoding, and posting video; assembling and operating audio/video equipment, including traveling to locations; and providing general support in the department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
55% Edit video and audio files to produce ICLE video products and their supporting pieces consistent with ICLE brand standards and product goals.
- Edit video and audio to produce a product consistent with product definition and ICLE brand standards. Route for review and seek approval.
- Extract seminar segments, marketing clips, and other elements as needed. Prepare clips in manner appropriate for final medium (e.g. store; Facebook, online training, webcast). Route for review and seek approval.
- Review/check videos for accuracy.
- Encode video files and update database with accurate information.
- Communicate status and ensure final product is delivered on schedule for final encoding, processing, and posting/delivery.
- Provide input into editing process, make suggestions for improvement.
25% Assist in production of video and/or audio products.
- Prepare for studio and off-site video/audio projects by assembling, testing and adjusting equipment and sets such as live feeds, microphones, computers, projectors, cameras, mixers lighting, etc.
- Attend and participate in planning and pre-production meetings fully in meetings, ask questions, offer suggestions, recommendations.
- Under direction, operate equipment, such as cameras, microphones, projectors, computers, lighting, mixers, etc.
- Travel to events to assist in the transportation and preparation of equipment and the running of camera and audio equipment.
- Provide support to attendees and speakers on- and off-site; create a welcoming atmosphere, resolve issues promptly, ask questions, make suggestions.
- May require some evening or weekend work.
15% Provide general administrative support.
- Update and maintain reports and tracking documents?.
- Complete assigned research projects.
- Update and maintain inventory.
- Assist in creating and updating production and event plans.
5% Other duties as assigned
- Participate on ICLE teams.
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action and Safety Programs.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in media production, video editing, or graphic arts fields. 2-3 years of experience in media production, video editing, or graphic arts.
- Proven ability to edit video files.
- Proficiency in Adobe Video Software (Premiere, Audition, Encore, After Effects, Photoshop) and PowerPoint and Corel Presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and major web browsers.
- Proficiency in the use of industry standard equipment including cameras, lighting, mixers, etc.
- Ability to travel, work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Routinely moves audio/visual equipment weighing up to 50-100 pounds with assistance, on-site and to various locations and events.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position during entire shift.
- Successful completion of a work sample exercise completed at ICLE.
- Experience in streaming and on-demand audio and video production.
- Experience with sound recording, mixing, and correction.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.