Provide advanced administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer of the University of Michigan Medical Group (UMMG). Responsibilities include:
- Performing diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, including skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices.
- Preparing and formatting information for internal and external communication including writing letters and memos, compiling data for reports, creating presentations, writing reports, editing, proofreading and other information preparation duties.
- Managing the flow of information to the UMMG leadership team. Screening telephone calls and visitors, and resolving routine and complex inquiries. Summarizing reports and memos that are received before passing the information on to leadership.
- Performing initial discovery regarding issues or matters arising to provide a comprehensive picture for assessment.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinating related arrangements. Preparing and distributing meeting correspondence and minutes.
- Utilizing the assistance of one or more administrative support staff on a reporting or project basis.
- Utilizing advanced analytical skills to evaluate various courses of action while making independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities.
- Primary activities and decision making authority are predominantly performed independently affecting business operations to a substantial degree.
A minimum of six years’ experience in an administrative support capacity. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to work independently and regularly exercise sound judgment in setting priorities. Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or similar applications. Strong customer service focus. Demonstrated ability to produce professional correspondence. Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.