How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Business Coordinator supports CaMLA’s business management functions through completion of executive administrative tasks for senior management, including acting as Personal Assistant to the CEO, general finance processing, critical human resource support and support for projects as assigned.
- Provide executive support through managing staff calendars as assigned, facilitating meeting requests and room bookings, agenda preparation and action monitoring, assisting in scheduling travel and accommodation and processing expenses and reimbursements, and meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority. These duties will include handling sensitive and/or confidential matters.
- Support human resource (HR) functions through data entry, assisting in the hiring process (including posting approved positions, scheduling interviews and completing system hiring requirements), maintaining employee records and coordination of new employee orientations and terminations. Facilitation of the performance management and learning and development processes.
- Assist with projects as directed. Carrying out research as required and summarizing options. Scheduling meetings, action taking, tracking and action follow ups.
- Provide financial support for processing of all payments including purchase orders, invoices and reimbursements, and posting of cash received in financial systems.
- Provide other administrative support as directed. Including: Events/conference support and coordination and acting as backup for the Business Specialist for mail receipt and distribution, ordering office supplies, coordination of food and beverages for staff events & guests, and supporting facilities functions.
- Associate’s degree (preferably in business administration)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly understand financial software packages
- 2-4 years providing executive level support in a corporate environment
- Proven ability operating effectively in a busy office environment
- 1-2 years working with basic finance responsibilities
- Excellent customer service
- Familiarity with University of Michigan policies and procedures
- Embrace a constantly changing work environment
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- The ability to research, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Excellent time-management skills
- Knowledge of CaMLA products and services
- Experience with University of Michigan systems - M-Pathways and Business Objects
- Experience using Sage 50 or other accounting systems
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.