How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position, and it should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
University of Michigan Medical Group is seeking a proven and experienced financial analyst to provide financial and analytical support to various Ambulatory Care Units (ACUs). The analyst will join the financial team supporting the medical group operations and maintain prime responsibility for specific ACUs. The service delivery model will involve multiple interactions with ACU leaders, Michigan Medicine leadership, and central finance operations.
The financial analyst maintains current knowledge of specific ACU operations, conducts data analysis, and advises on the financial impact of operational decisions. The analyst also assists in the improvement of internal business processes and meeting future financial and analytical needs.
Ideal candidates are reliable and can successfully function with a high degree of autonomy. The position provides the opportunity for development and growth in the areas of finance and analytics.
- Provide value-added financial, analytical, and ad-hoc reporting support for various Ambulatory Care Units.
- Interpret financial and operational information and communicate the financial impact of operational decisions.
- Compile or prepare reports, graphs and charts to represent financial data.
- Examine data in order to draw conclusions and make financial recommendations.
- Review performance and financial trends and make presentations at monthly ACU leadership meetings.
- Participate with external agencies on relevant topics such as benchmarking or strategic planning.
- Support unit-level financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced MS-Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of health care finance
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Able to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Adaptability and flexibility to evaluate and adjust to workplace changes
- Excellent teamwork and customer service orientation
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Healthcare Admin, or a related field.
- This position requires personal local vehicle travel to various Michigan Medicine units.
Additional Qualifications :
Senior Level: 5-8 years of related professional experience.
Intermediate Level: 2-5 years of related professional experience.
- Ambulatory care operational experience
- Experience with MiChart or Epic
- Experience with data base query tools
- Prior experience with an academic medical center or a healthcare system
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.