Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Brighton area!
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
What skills will you master?
- You will provide administrative support for the leadership team at BCSC.
- You will effectively run the daily electronic calendar of the Medical Director, Nursing Services Senior Director, Associate Director and Administrative Managers who need this support; anticipate and resolve conflicts and deadlines. Schedule meetings.
- Throughout the day you will answer, screen, handle and/or route all program business telephone, fax and email communications. Track messages and assist with responses.
- You will word process/format/edit a variety of correspondence and performs document management for manuscripts, abstracts, protocols, grant reviews, presentations, minutes, etc.
- You will process equipment purchases, material transfer agreements, etc.
- You will organize and distribute incoming/outgoing mail.
- You will complete business travel arrangements, including registrations, transportation, lodging, etc., and related external and University forms. Process travel reimbursements.
- Process reimbursement through concur.
- Procurement (purchasing).
- Submit, and track, Request for Temporary Faculty Absence form, FMLA, etc.
- File and maintain faculty and staff documents and records.
- Provide support for all other administrative projects.
- Provide cross coverage within the department for administrative assistants as needed.
- Maintaining/ordering office supplies; copier maintenance; and maintain mailing supplies.
- P-card management and reconciliation.
- Provide daily administrative and office support for other responsibilities of the department as requested.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Shown ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and produce detailed and accurate work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- 5 years of administrative support experience
- Understanding University policies and procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
As part of the orientation training process, your training will be held at multiple locations during your first few months of the employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.