How to Apply
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address why you believe you would be a good fit for this position and an outline of your skills and customer service experience that would be applicable to this position.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) is dedicated to providing high quality health care services for children and adults. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, motivated, patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
As a Call Center Representative for PM&R, you will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families as well as our employees in a call center environment. Your duties will require you to act as a change agent who promotes process improvement and sharing of best practices with the team. Be part of building a culture that promotes teamwork, open and honest communication and collaboration with all customers; internal and external. Coach and support other team members to promote improvement and positive performance, embodying service excellence.
Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by meeting the highest of standards maintaining effective telephone technique, customer service etiquette and customer service recovery skills. Our call center provides telephone communication services to several complex multiple Provider practices servicing both Pediatrics and Adult. Representatives perform call screening and distribute action.
- Scheduling: Use MiChart(EMR) to schedule/re-schedule appointments, determining appropriate sub-specialty within a clinic based on symptoms described and urgency of the appointment request. Schedule patients for consultations in other clinics and diagnostic studies. Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of medical and other professional staff. Instruct patients on proper diet or other preparations prior to visit or test.
- Patient Records: Determine existence of previous registration and obtain, verify and update insurance, financial, statistical and demographic information with the patient.
- Facilitation: Proactively serve as a liaison between customers and internal personnel to ensure adequate response and customer/patient satisfaction. Collect accurate and complete data for documentation of all customer interactions, routing the information as appropriate. Provide information, service and support to referring physicians, consumers, Michigan Medicine staff and faculty, and other healthcare professionals.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families, coordinating business functions.
- Education and Training : Maintains current competencies and mandatory training. Attends mandatory clinic and hospital training programs. Actively participates in clinic and/or staff meetings.
- Leadership : Serves as a positive role model and is an integral member of the call center team. Communication is effective and positive with the entire health care team. Demonstrates proactive problem solving skills and takes the initiative to identify, act, and follow through on problems. Is able to consider the impacts of decisions/changes beyond the immediate work group.
- High School diploma or equivalent is necessary.
- Clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. They must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Selected candidate must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities adapting to a fast paced environment under direction of team lead.
- In addition, representative must demonstrate ability to accurately receive and relay information over the telephone and through written documentation, ability to accept direction from multiple sources, problem solving skills, being able to manage time appropriately, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, telephone etiquette along with having a history of exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- This candidate requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments in order to respond to the growing needs of our Department, as well as our Organization.
- Previous MiChart experience.
- Experience in a health care environment.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
40 hours/week, Monday – Friday, the hours for this position are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
This position is located at 325 E. Eisenhower Parkway in Ann Arbor.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.