How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information for 2-3 references to:Dr. Chang Kim (email@example.com).
Laboratory website: https://www.pathology.med.umich.edu/chang-kim-lab/
A lab technician position is available in Dr. Chang Kim's Immunology Lab in the Department of Pathology and the Mary H. Weiser Food Allergy Center. The person will maintain a breeding colony of mice and provide research support for the PI and research fellows.
· PCR and basic molecular biology techniques
· Antibody staining of cells and tissues
· Breeding, genotyping and dissecting mice
· Maintaining an inventory of mice, chemicals and reagents
· Ordering and preparing research supplies
· BA/BS in biology, or a related field with 1-2 years of laboratory research experience is required, including work experience at the undergraduate level
· Have general understanding of common research techniques.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are important.
Ability to analyze data, design mouse breeding schemes, and engage in troubleshooting problems as they arise.
Floor 4 in AAT-BSRB
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.