Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Inventory Control Team?
At Michigan Medicine, the Inventory Control Clerk Senior partakes in various roles from accurately maintaining inventory to coordinating instrument sets and equipment. You will join a creative multidisciplinary team that will work hand in hand with RN Managers, Business Managers and Business Analysts to efficiently accomplish multiple tasks. Working with Michigan Medicine will improve your skillset and advance your career. We would love for you to join our diverse environment and become part of the team that provides world-class instruments and technology for our patients.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Comprehensive Professional Development Program
- Tuition reimbursement for successful certification completion
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
What skills would you master?
- You will acquire price quotes for state-of-the-art instruments, equipment and supplies
- The ability to use OpTime Inventory module to analyze and maintain inventory par levels, as well as updating OpTime RCAT as necessary
- Maintaining OR Supply/Service Vendor files and master SPM sets/instruments
- You will provide tracking logs for equipment shipped out for repair and/or credit
- Improve satisfaction by supporting Instrument Processing staff questions
- You will troubleshoot for MSC/LUM ordering and be the liaison for recalled products
- You will function as a patient's advocate while being responsible for providing pristine instruments and equipment.
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Prior experience in purchasing (minimum one year), five years related experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests and work independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
While the facility is open 24 hours, the shift will be from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.