How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
Market Title: Secretary Senior (100345)
Working Title: Senior Development Assistant
Major Gifts - Office of University Development
Reports to: Dual reporting to Regional Major Gift Officers and Administrative Team Lead
Supervises directly: N/A
Position summary: The Senior Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the following: the Senior Director of Major Gifts, Southeast Michigan, Director of Major Gifts, North Central Region and Director of Major Gifts, West & Mid-Michigan. Support includes: calendaring, database maintenance and querying for various reports, customer service (internal and external), preparing for donor visits, follow-up reports including P-card reconciliation, and travel arrangements. The Senior Development Assistant will also assist the gift officers with volunteer and donor committee activities, as well as a variety of projects, events, and programs within the development community. Some events or donor visits may be in coordination with the president of the University, and this position will provide support for the gift officers in these activities.
50% General Administrative Support
- Maintain and coordinate calendars, schedule varied and complex meetings.
- Meeting preparation and follow-up assistance with high-level prospects, donors, campaign volunteers, and within the campus community.
- Maintain up-to-date prospect tracking reports for the gift officers’ review and follow-up.
- Make changes and add information to the Donor Alumni Relationship Tool (DART) database as needed.
- Run routine reports using Business Objects; secure assistance from Reporting and Information Analysis team as needed.
- Prepare, edit, and distribute contact reports in a timely and accurate manner and complete follow-up tasks as directed.
- Prepare P-Card and hosting documentation for reconciliation.
- Produce presentations using PowerPoint as directed.
- Provide reception coverage and back-up administrative support as requested.
- Complete necessary documentation to process gifts from donors.
- Maintain files, serve on development project teams as assigned, participate in support staff meetings, and draft correspondence on behalf of gift officers.
- Other duties and activities as assigned.
25% Customer Service
- Act on behalf of gift officers as requested in handling inquiries of highly sensitive and confidential nature. Respond to inquiries from within the department, from the campus community, and from our external constituency. Direct matters to appropriate individuals for action and follow-up as needed.
- Assist with planning and execution of campus and off campus visits, events, and committee meetings, including preparation of invitation lists, coordinating details with event planning staff, and making guest arrangements for campaign events, University seminars, football activities, etc.
- As directed, coordinate details and written preparation of briefing materials for events involving major gift prospects, donors, the Office of the President, and other University representatives.
- Other duties and activities as assigned.
25% Coordination of Travel and Hosting
- Coordinate travel as directed, including meeting confirmations.
- Coordinate donor-hosting needs of gift officers.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork and confirmation for traveler including maps/directions.
- Research airlines, hotels, automobile rentals, etc. for best possible rates and secure reservations.
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of office experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of constituents, while operating in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and to display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar, punctuation, proofreading, and business mathematics.
- A great can-do attitude.
- Discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information and a focus on customer service are essential.
- Familiarity with university policies and procedures.
- Experience preferably in a development or fundraising environment.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers.
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.