The Livonia Dialysis Center is currently seeking a Dietitian to join their clinic. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Will represent nutritional expertise as a member of the health care team concerning new and revised patient treatment programs.
- Assess and monitor nutritional status of outpatient hemodialysis patients with the ultimate goal of ensuring optimal nutritional status.
- Recommend appropriate diet based on detailed patient assessment and laboratory values.
- Monitor parameters, communicate with the team members, and revise diet as necessary.
- Provide ongoing education and set goals based on labs presented to patients.
- Provide continuing education to team members via inservices and literature review.
- Develop and implement research protocols.
- Provide input requested by co-investigators for use in publications and presentatations.
- Active member of Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI).
- Monitor parameters of Urea Kinetics, and communicate to team members.
- Maintain documentation, ie. Initial Assessment and Plan of Care according to Conditions for Coverage and Monthly notes related to lab values.
- Bachelor's degree in dietetics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Registerd Dieititian as per Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition.
- Minimum of two years experience in clinical nutrition, preferably with one of the years in renal nutrition.
- Familiarity with CareWeb and Proton systems preferred.
- Knowledge of renal disease, treatment options preferred. Quality indicators, infection control, patient safety issues, patient's rights, medical legal issues, and medical record documentation.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.