We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC, employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients,families, and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
Excellent service is an expected and integral part of the FCVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
- Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the FCVC.
- Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
- Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
- Provide expert skill in coordinating the work of the call center staff.
- Act as the team lead.
- Responsible for the daily functional supervision of the call center team.
- Interpretation and instruction of policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain work schedules.
- Assist with performance evaluations for call center team member.
- Provide training and onboarding for new call center staff.
- Participate with leadership team to ensure effective call center operations.
- Promotes and facilitates positive communication with the entire health care team.
- Ensure support, education and guidance to patients' throughout their continuum of care.
- Work collaboratively with the call center manager and other call center / clerical leads to ensure standard of work across all areas.
- Flexible to provide hands-on support based on workload staffing needs.
- Lead "lean in daily work" activities.
- Promote and sustain the ideal patient and family experience in Service areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: General supervision is received from the CVC Call Center Manager. Staff members in this classification are expected to exercise semi-independent judgement in identifying problems, ad in seeking and implementing solutions.
Supervision Exercised: Functional supervision over Call Center Agents
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team or project.
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology.
- Requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Business Administration/Health Care or other related field.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical records systems.
- Previous experience with lean in daily work and / or quality improvement activities
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Days, Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 pm.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.