Michigan Medicine, regionally and nationally known for its commitment to providing high quality, family-centered patient care, is seeking qualified Physician Assistants to join the Emergency Department (ED) team. The ED is a Level 1 trauma center for adults and children with approximately 105,000 visits per year, providing a fast-paced and exciting work environment. Our physician assistants serve as integral members of a multidisciplinary team providing advanced diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for patients across the continuum of age and acuity in a variety of treatment areas including the Adult Emergency Services, Children's Emergency Services, and the Emergency Critical Care Center. In addition, the ED PA coordinates emergent and urgent care with consultant services, recommends follow-up care, facilitates referrals to various internal and external facilities and participates in multidisciplinary continuous quality improvement and research initiatives.
The ED provides paid continuing medical education (CME) and opportunities for professional growth and enrichment in addition to the University of Michigan's excellent benefit package.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Current AHA-Approved ACLS and BLS certification.
- One (1) year of experience as a Physician Assistant in an emergency setting performing typical emergency procedures including, but not limited: to suturing, lumbar puncture, splinting, wound care, fracture care.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple clinical tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively (oral and written).
- Demonstrates professionalism, consideration and confidentiality towards others in stressful situations.
- Able to meet all credentialing requirements necessary to obtain required privileges of service.
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
- Two or more years of experience as an emergency PA
- One or more years PA experience in a tertiary, high volume emergency department
- One or more years PA experience in emergency care of children
- One or more years PA experience in a critical care setting.
Note: This is a full time position with rotating shifts including weekends.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.