Michigan Medicine, regionally and nationally known for its commitment to providing high quality, family-centered patient care, is seeking qualified new graduate Physician Assistants to join the Emergency Department (ED) team. The ED is a Level 1 trauma center for adults and children with approximately 105,000 visits per year, providing a fast-paced and exciting work environment. Our physician assistants serve as integral members of a multidisciplinary team providing advanced diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for patients across the continuum of age and acuity in a variety of treatment areas including the Adult Emergency Services, Children's Emergency Services, and the Emergency Critical Care Center. In addition, the ED PA coordinates emergent and urgent care with consultant services, recommends follow-up care, facilitates referrals to various internal and external facilities and participates in multidisciplinary continuous quality improvement and research initiatives.
The ED provides paid continuing medical education (CME) and opportunities for professional growth and enrichment in addition to the University of Michigan's excellent benefit package.
- Satisfactory completion of the Michigan Medicine ED physician assistant preceptorship program.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Current ACLS and BLS certification.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple clinical tasks.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational /problem solving skills with evidence of attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism, consideration and confidentiality towards others in stressful situations.
- Able to meet all credentialing requirements necessary to obtain required privileges of service.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position*
*New Graduate PAs will be considered for this position.
*Condition of hire for New Graduate PAs: Selected candidate must have required PA certification and Michigan licensure before start of credentialing.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
** Under Michigan Law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of employment or transfer for this position.
- Patient care experience (outside of PA clinical rotations) in another health care related field.
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies.
This is a full time position with on call and rotating shifts including holidays and weekends.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.