How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume/curriculum vitae. The cover letter should address reasons for your interest in this position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In addition, please include contact information for three references. Lastly, please include your most recent academic transcript (college transcript if available; unofficial transcript acceptable). Note that all of your application materials must be combined into a single document.
*If you experience difficulties uploading your document due to size limitations, please upload your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae and email additional documents directly to email@example.com.
The Translational and Developmental Neuroscience Laboratory, directed by Dr. Christopher Monk, is seeking a full-time Research Technician Associate to help facilitate research in the lab. The successful candidate will work with lab members on all aspects of the lab’s operations.
Include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment, scheduling, and payment of participants
- Data collection
- Assistance in coordinating lab member efforts and projects
- Preparation of human subjects/IRB protocols, submissions and record-keeping
- Preparation of study materials
- General lab maintenance, including archiving study materials, keeping records up-to-date, and ordering supplies
- Creation and maintenance of lab website and web-based surveys
- Assistance with supervision of undergraduate Assistants in Research and training of lab members in research protocols
- Entering, cleaning, and coding data
- Assistance with analysis of data using statistical software
- Helping with manuscript preparation, including literature searches and manuscript editing
- Assistance with the preparation of posters and presentations for scientific meetings
- High school diploma or Associate’s degree
- 1 year of research experience
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, R)
This position is term-limited to 1 year with the potential to stay in the position for an additional year.
Ideally this position will start around July 1, 2018.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.