How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is accepting applications for the position of Head Women’s Soccer Coach. The Head Coach is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the Women’s Soccer program in accordance with University, NCAA and Conference rules, regulations and policies. Candidates must have the ability to develop a highly competitive program with a strong commitment to academic achievement and the student-athlete experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: coach and train teams to compete at the highest level; support the academic goals and progress of student-athletes; hire and supervise assistant coaches and staff; recruit qualified student-athletes; manage the allocation of scholarships; schedule non-conference games necessary for NCAA Tournament selection; prepare and oversee the budget; ensure adherence to University and NCAA rules and regulations by student-athletes and staff; develop a time management plan and schedule team activities in compliance with department policies; and represent the University at various donor and alumni functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated pattern of success coaching and/or playing at the NCAA Division I level or higher
- Proven leadership skills required to create a championship culture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes
- Ability to identify and recruit qualified prospects who can succeed academically and athletically at the University of Michigan
- Excellent administrative skills in order to plan, organize and implement a comprehensive program
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff within Michigan Athletics and the University community
- Successfully pass a background check
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.