The Section of Plastic Surgery is seeking a qualified Physician Assistant (PA) to join the Plastic/Hand Surgery service to provide outpatient clinic services. In this position, the PA will assist the physicians by providing diagnosis and treatment of patients in the Plastic Surgery Clinic.
Duties include performing patient evaluations, preoperative H&Ps, various therapeutic and minor surgical procedures, and wound care; providing patient and family education; and handling patient calls. The PA collects and assists in the interpretation of reports from diagnostic and laboratory tests, radiographic procedures, and clinical studies; orders tests and makes recommendations to the physician regarding medications; orders and prescribes medications in accordance with statutes, rules and regulations of the State of Michigan. The PA is responsible for completion and dictation of detailed and narrative patient evaluations in a timely manner. The PA participates in educational conferences with the Plastic Surgery service.
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Satisfactory completion of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Current DEA registration or eligible for DEA registration
- ACLS Required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- One year PA experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working with resident based academic team is preferred.
- Experience in surgery or emergency room is desired.
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
* Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.