The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology seeks candidates to assist on the Environment, Leiomyomas, Latinas, and Adipocity Study (ELLAS). We are looking for bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates to assist the study coordinator in the development of IRB documents and translation, recruitment, data collection, and obtaining informed consent. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills. This person will be a liaison between participants and the study team.
This position will be responsible for utilizing medical record system (MiChart), do community outreach/clinic based recruitment; screen participants; manage data (collect, record and input hard and electronic study forms, and quality assurance); coordinate study visits/activities; communicating with participants; work with health care providers in recruitment; serve as a resource and contact person for active protocols; communicate and relay data to entire study team and data entry; report weekly on subject enrollment and progress in studies and ensure compliance with the protocol and adherence to Good Clinical Practice obligations. The candidate will provide logistical support to the study on a daily basis in the field, including travel to the participating clinical sites; travel to sites throughout Michigan will be required. The candidate will work closely with the lead coordinator and Principal Investigator to meet study objectives.
- Work with lead coordinator and Project Manager on daily study activities and recruitment.
- Help identify sites and providers for ELLAS study objectives
- Utilize medical record system to identify potential participants through inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Manage recruitment procedures, letters and phone calls to reach out to sites and potential participants
- Approach potential participants, provide study overview, while being sensitive to environment and patients involved.
- Explain study thoroughly, reviewing informed consent, answering any questions, following GCP/IRB and obtaining consent
- Travel to clinics throughout Michigan to recruit
- Utilize medical record system to complete study data collection forms
- Assist study team in preparation of datasheets, questionnaires, study related documents
- Tracking and communication for questionnaire and study related follow up with participants and sponsor
Data entry and cleaning
- Data entry, cleaning and management within University of Michigan system and sponsor web-portal
- Review collected data and perform data quality assurance of the collected data with the study statistician
- Create reports on the completeness and quality of the collected data
- Attain in-depth understanding of study design and objectives to assist with successful implementation of all study procedures
- Report on recruitment, enrollment, data and projects during team meetings
- Assist with preparing tables, charts and graphs and editing of manuscripts/presentations/sponsor reports
- Bilingual: Fluent in both verbal and written English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Michigan
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- High attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college
- Prior health-related research experience
- Previous experience with survey research
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.