We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
As a Call Center Representative with Michigan Medicine, you will use a variety of healthcare and clerical skills. We’ll work with you to master our electronic medical record (MiChart) and scheduling systems (Cadence). You will work directly with patients to coordinate the scheduling of appointments. You will dedicatedly serve as a liaison between customers and internal Michigan Medicine personnel to ensure adequate response and customer/patient satisfaction. Our Call Center Teams are close-knit groups with a focus on patient customer service that provide continual learning opportunities.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage (link).
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous paid time off program.
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement.
- Tremendous team support.
- Advancement opportunities.
- You will learn to schedule new and return patient visits.
- In this opportunity, improving patient customer service will be your top priority.
- Our Call Center Representatives are a fast-growing team of dynamic, flexible and dependable. We work with a large variety of patients and clinicians are prepared to respond appropriately at all times.
- You’ll utilize standard procedures and scripting to respond to high volume telephone inquiries.
- You may also instruct patients of necessary preparations prior to their visit or test as appropriate.
- You’ll also respond to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To set yourself apart from the pack, exemplify your determination to be a flexible team member passionate about the patient and willing to learn.
- Clerical experience and medical terminology are helpful.
- 2-5 years of experience (for Intermediate position) in a customer service type position where there is substantial interaction with the public.
- Consistently demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Ability to be in stationary position (sitting or standing) up to 90% of the time.
Days 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday-Friday, with the flexibility to come in at 8am when needed.
North Campus Administrative Complex
2901 Hubbard Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering current employees exclusively in an effort to offer advancement opportunities to our tenured employees. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration during this period but our process for external employees will begin 30 days after the posting date.