A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Medicine Corporate Compliance office is seeking a temporary receptionist/administrative assistant who will provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere at the front desk and administrative support to the office. This position is responsible for covering the reception area during business hours of (Mon-Thurs 8am - 5pm)
- Act as primary receptionist for the Corporate Compliance Office by greeting and directing visitors.
- Perform responsible clerical work as scanning, printing, and faxing; Replying to Doodle Polls, ordering supplies, and assisting with bulk mailings.
- Manage the main phone line, take messages, handle inquiries or forward appropriately
- Responsible for updating various staff directories, the staff directory, and multiple e-mail groups.
- Responsible for daily mailroom pickup and delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining daily kitchen counter stock and coordinating monthly refrigerator cleanings.
- Provide backup administrative support as needed for administrative assistants on leave.
- Manage the reception desk backup schedule for lunch, vacation and sick coverage.
- Serve as one of the liaisons for reporting facility and maintenance problems and communicating issues and estimated time of resolution to staff.
- Audio Visual set up for meetings and Coffee Klatches
- Responsible for other projects and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Two years of responsible receptionist/administrative support experience, preferably in a professional office environment.
- Extremely punctual and reliable, proactive, and responsible.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent skills in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.).
- Must be a self-motivated, highly dependable independent worker with the ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize work and problem solve without direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Discretion and the ability to interact professionally while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Superb attention to detail.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Preferred prior Administrative and or Customer Service Work at Michigan Medicine
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.