The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is a new Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field?
- Work with the Specialty Care teams in a fast paced outpatient setting.
- Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by performing clinical processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow.
- Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for procedures, medication administration, clinical support to providers, patient follow-up, and prescription management.
- Other responsibilities include: taking vital signs, injections, EKGs, performing and or assisting simple diagnostic tests and procedures, collecting specimens, sterilization/cleaning of equipment, supply stocking, and maintenance of patient care areas.
- Operate and monitor patient care equipment; set up instruments/supplies in exam and treatment rooms and provide information to patients as directed.
- Perform patient care administrative tasks as needed.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal & information technology skills.
1-3 years of experience required
0-1 year of experience required
- Experience within an ambulatory setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
Monday- Friday with some evening shifts
This position may be under filled as a Medical Assistant depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.