Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
As a Patient Care Technical Assistant (PCTA) with Michigan Medicine’s Radiology Department, you will use a variety of clinical and clerical skills. We’ll work with you to perform laboratory procedures and monitor, set up and maintain clinical equipment. You will work directly with patients to obtain histories, record and document vital signs. Our Radiology PCTA Team is a close-knit group with a focus on patient care that provides continual learning opportunities.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage (link).
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous PTO program.
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement.
- Tremendous team support
- You will learn to effectively perform laboratory and clinical procedures.
- You’ll work closely with Radiology Technologists to provide direct patient care.
- Our Patient Care Technical Assistants are deeply dynamic, flexible and dependable. We work with highly acute patients and are prepared to respond appropriately at all times.
- You’ll transport patients to and from procedures and assist with admitting and discharge procedures.
- You may also administer medications and in certain instances, process patient care orders using the electronic ordering system.
- Our PCTAs prep patients and rooms prior to procedures including setting up room and procedure trays as directed.
- You will also assist in specimen preparation for Pathology and may clean up post-procedure as needed.
- You’ll become familiar with our MiChart system which you’ll use to schedule patients, and pull information like patient history, data, medications and allergies.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To set yourself apart from the pack, exemplify your determination to be a flexible team member passionate about the patient and willing to learn.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to be in stationary position (sitting or standing) up to 80% of the time.
Days with flexibility to accommodate rotating weekends.
This position requires rotating between the University Main hospital, Children's and Women's hospital, Brighton, and other locations as needed.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.