- Dissociate and culture primary cells (neurons, neuroendocrine cells) from animal tissue
- Perform standard molecular biology techniques, including DNA preps and subcloning
- Be current with the primary scientific literature related to research projects
- Perform live-cell fluorescence imaging experiments
- Perform data analysis and record research results in a neat and timely manner
- Maintain lab inventory, order supplies/reagents, maintain lab safety documentation
- Undergraduate degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline
- Previous experience working in a biomedical sciences research lab (1-2 years) either as an undergraduate or postgraduate student
- Highly motivated, driven, and the ability to execute an original research project
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.