How to Apply
A resume is required for consideration for this position. Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Duties Including but not limited too:
- Operate carpet shampooing and upholstery cleaning equipment.
- Operate mechanical cleaning and scrubbing equipment.
- Strip and wax floor surfaces.
- Maintain entrance area by performing such duties as sweeping, salting, and shoveling snow as required.
- Clean grounds and area by performing such duties as picking-up paper or trash around buildings.
- Unplug commodes, urinals, and sink drains without dismantling the fixture.
- Wet mop floors and stairways.
- Collect and dispose of soiled linen.
- Operate vacuum cleaning equipment.
- Clean and wax furniture, cases, fixtures, and furnishings.
- Clean mirrors, interior side of exterior glass and both sides of interior glass while standing on floor or stool.
- Clean toilet rooms and fixtures.
- Stock restroom supplies.
- Dust venation blinds while standing on floor or stool.
- Spot wash walls to remove such items as splash marks around sinks and fingerprints around light switches.
- Clean patient bedside equipment.
- Make beds and change linen.
- Collect and transport waste materials to central location.
- Report items in need of repair.
- Sweep and dust floors and stairways.
- Wet mop small areas of floor or stairs to clean up such items as spilled liquid or food.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies in accordance with specific instructions.
- Open or lock buildings or rooms.
- Turn on and off lights and equipment.
- Replace burnt out incandescent light bulbs while standing on floor or stool.
- Move and arrange furniture and furnishings.
- Collect and transport soiled linen to central locations.
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- No lifting restrictions.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must have the ability to speak and understand English.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of physical activities including pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
Nights / Friday - Monday / 32 hours per week / 11:45 PM - 8:15 AM
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.