The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Michigan has an awe-inspiring opportunity to collaborate with and manage an interdisciplinary group of physician scientists and computer programmers to develop technical solutions for augmented reality training and medical education simulation with the target of delivering effective patient care in a geographically diverse model. You will work with the investigative team to set up and manage research projects with new and emerging technologies. You will also become immersed in the literature that will help shape study design and methods. You will be assisting drafting grants, manuscripts and presentations of project findings at local, national and international research meetings. Join us as we embark on this exciting journey.
- Oversight for day-to-day operation of projects investigating new and emerging technologies for improving patient care in the acute care setting
- Collaborates with investigative team to refine or adapt methodologies to fit specific research requirements, collaborates in development of new techniques and develops research instruments.
- Engage with research infrastructure to ensure compliance with institutional, local and federal policies regarding the use of human subjects.
- Conducts literature reviews and may contribute to or is sole author of abstracts, manuscripts of research findings and grant proposals
- Active participation in project research team meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of our team
- Excellent attendance, ability to prioritize appropriately and exercise good judgment
Master's degree preferred
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.