How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Procurement Services strives for excellence in all we do, which is why we are searching for an Administrative Assistant Intermediate to join our team. The Property Control team works with management and staff to support asset management and strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate must have an understanding of inventory, be self-motivated, possess technical skills, independent problem-solving skills, excellent communication and follow-up skills, and a strong attention to detail.
- Coordinate with Departments on scheduling and obtaining access to the assets
- Elevate issues for management to review in a timely manner
- Update Asset Management System with applicable data and notes from Property Control staff
- Provide reports to Property Control staff and management
- Assist in the development and maintaining of procedures, job aids, and written communications
- Assist in process improvement initiatives
- Maintaining product identification and locations in asset management system
- Research discrepancies and recommend or make necessary changes
- Coordinate and Integrate efforts across departments to enhance asset accuracy
- Provide regular training to department staff in proper asset management and practices
- Scanning, uploading, and filing of paperwork
- Coordinate meetings and training as necessary
- Answer customer inquiries via email and phone
- Assist with projects as necessary
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to function effectively in an active, engaging environment
- Possess strong technical skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google suite, and ability to adapt and learn other professional hardware and software as it relates to the role
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build successful relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
- Ability to type approximately 50- 60 wpm
- Associate's degree or 2+ years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of U-M policies and procedures
- Knowledge of MPathways
Procurement Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.