How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration of this position and is to be attached as the first page of your resume. Please highlight, in your cover letter, your specific interest in this position and key experiences that illustrate your ability to support and/or manage desktops, laptops, and/or virtual computer systems.
The University of Michigan School of Nursing (UMSN) Information Technology (Nursing IT) has an excellent opportunity for IT professionals looking to join an innovative, motivated, customer-focused team providing high touch support for our faculty, staff, students, and guests. Applicants will be considered for the market title listed above, dependent on applicant experience. This position is responsible for frontline hardware, software, and IT support and concierge services (for both physical and virtual technologies). Attention to detail, the ability to positively adapt to changing contexts and expectations, and working collaboratively with colleagues of varying technical experience is required.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
- Function as first point of contact for School of Nursing technology support (including troubleshooting basic hardware and software issues) for faculty, staff, students, nursing affiliates, and guests.
- Provide U-M related mobile and portable device support for faculty, staff, and students.
- Serve as liasion to campus IT service providers (H.I.T.S., MSIS, ITS) and other external IT service providers for UMSN.
- Manage hardware and software assests through full lifecycle (research, evaluation, recommendation, procurement, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and disposition).
- Provide support for online, distance, and hybrid courses and events.
- Provide A/V, classroom and clinical simulation technical support for UMSN faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist in the development of technology training curriculum, conduct trainings, and prepare requisite educational materials for existing, new, and emerging technologies.
- Record, produce, edit, and distribute media objects using UMSN technologies.
- Consult with faculty, staff, and students regarding their technology requirements for the purpose of coordinating and developing unit specific IT solutions.
- Perform testing and implementation of new systems; analyze systems and solution effectiveness and efficiencies; coordinate and ensure unit adherence to compliance and regulatory mandates.
- Document and implement processes and procedures for unit IT support and related functions.
- Routinely moves IT equipment.
- Other duties and special projetcs as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not exhaustive of all associated responsibilities.
Supervision will be provided by the Director of Technology and designated senior IT staff.
This position may provide supervision to student and/or volunteer support staff.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, business computing, or related field, preferred; or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience to include two (2) or more years of computer related experience.
- Significant experience deploying and configuring Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems.
- Must have good working knowledge of Google and Microsoft productivity suites.
- Basic network troubleshooting knowledge.
- Understanding of Windows and Macintosh encryption technology.
- Experience with Windows and/or Macintosh backup and disaster recovery methods.
- Ability to benchmark and troubleshoot PC, laptop, and mobile device hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows management, Active Directory, software deployment, and security tools.
- Experience with Applescript and/or Powershell preferred.
- Experience with Linux, and Mac OS X preferred.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums. Must have very strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Capacity to translate technical information into a form that is of value and actionable for users of varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams; must be comfortable interacting with individuals at all of experience and rank.
- Must be dependable, positive, and customer centric in providing services.
- Demonstrated problem solving acumen, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in a higher educational environment preferred.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Shift/Hours/Days: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; may include some occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.