How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 153854 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 153855
A total of one (1) 1.0 FTE Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Anticipated opening of the new Brighton Center for Specialty Care is September 2018.
The Department of Radiation Oncology is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to aid in the delivery of exceptional care to our patients.
- Direct patient care of patients with a wide spectrum of oncologic diseases, primary focus and support with head and neck cancer.
- Perform history and physicals, ordering of diagnostic studies, prescribe medications, interaction and direct communication with referring physicians with collaboration and direct reporting of patient information to the medical staff.
- Coordinate care with other disciplines, build strong collaborative relationships across the organization as many radiation oncology patients require long-term follow-up.
- Direct care and management in the outpatient setting would include: initiation of evaluation, patient and family education, counseling and support, collaboration with and referrals to other health care providers, and provision of education to nursing staff, students, and the community.
- Review laboratory, pathology and radiographic tests results and interface with medical staff and patients regarding test results and plan of care.
- Perform and document within the electronic medical record medical history, physical exams, and telephone conversations.
- Contribute to the development, modification and interpretation of the Radiation Oncology guidelines, policies, and procedures, including quality assurance activities.
- Participate in clinical and translational research as appropriate.
- Collaborate and serve as a resource for the health care team members regarding the mission of the institution.
- Work collaboratively with NP/PA colleagues in the provision of care for this patient population including covering for colleagues as needed.
- Attend conferences and continuing education/staff development programs to maintain knowledge of current literature.
- Aid in patient family centered care, as well as safety initiatives throughout the department.
Roles and responsibilities may be periodically adjusted as determined by the needs of the Cancer Center Clinical Program.
This position is also posted in the Nursing job family under number 153854 or NP Applicants.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as measured by references and interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification to practice as an Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan. Family Nurse Practitioner would be considered.
- Graduate of an accredited NP program
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- One or more years of PA/NP clinical experience
- Experience in radiation oncology is strongly preferred
- Experience in oncology is preferred
- Progressive expertise in the management of patients at the Advanced Practice level.
- Experience and commitment to clinical and translational research.
- The ability to function independently.
- Demonstrated leadership in work setting and other professional activities.
- Experience in the University of Michigan Health System.
Hours: 40 hrs a week
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Brighton Center for Specialty Care: Radiation Oncology
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.