The Revenue Cycle HB MedEquip Department is looking for a Payment Posting Associate. This person would be responsible for posting Third Party payments for HB Medequip and/or Wheelchair Services, as well as Patient payments. Analyze and resolve credit balances and refunds.
This position may include working from home.
- Post insurance payments to the appropriate patients account or invoice
- Post patient payments to the appropriate account
- Contact the insurance company for missing documentation required to post a payment and follow through until documents or details have been received
- Access various payer web-sites as needed
- Access bank web-site for deposit information
- Identify posting discrepancies and make appropriate corrections
- Process refunds for payments that do not belong to the University of Michigan
- Process and reconcile 835 remits
- Log and reconcile all payment batches posted
- Transfer University of Michigan non-Revenue Cycle payments to the appropriate departments (JE’s)
- Respond to our customers regarding payment posting inquiries on a timely basis
- Assist for preparing the lockbox payment batches for posting
- Assist in development of Integrated Payment Posting department policies and procedures, including testing of new processes
- Assist in training new employees
- Attend applicable training sessions related to daily work
- Incorporate Lean principles into daily work
- Month end closing and reconciliation
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of billing and third party reimbursement policies.
- Proficiency in use of computers and software, including Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple items simultaneously and produce high-quality work in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated experience efficiently and professionally handling and protecting items confidential in nature.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, build trust in the working relationships with other staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience in MiChart and FastTrack billing systems.
- One to two years of office experience and hospital, physician’s, or MedEquip billing office.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job opening may be filled and closed any time after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.