Provide administrative and management support to the Assistant Director of Environmental Services Department. Participate and assist in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of services provided by the Environmental Services. Assist in providing direction for housekeeping and waste management throughout University Health System, spanning three shifts 'a day' 7 days per week. Candidate must be service minded and have the skills to become involved in the committees, groups and activities related to the areas under their responsibility.Planning and managing the work of the overnight EVS Supervisor Team. Nightly Facility walk-thru, quality inspections, and completing reports. Appraise and monitor productivity and efficiency of supervisors and staff. Support supervisors on service or performance related issues budgeting, scheduling, inventory monitoring and control.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Reasonable progressively responsible management experience in labor intensive support services is necessary.
- Knowledge of Affirmative Action and safety programs is necessary.
- Knowledge of housekeeping standards, procedures and methods.
- Excellent coaching, communications and employee skills.
- Considerable experience in managing Environmental Services, Bed Tracking, Facilities Management, Quality Assurance Program or related functions in a large hospital and health care environment.
- A demonstrated record of successful support to health care operations, including exceptional customer services and quality improvement skills.
- Thorough knowledge of JCAHO, OSHA and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Some experience in managing employees in a unionized setting is desirable.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.