The University of Michigan Orthotics and Prosthetics Center is a large multi-disciplinary clinic dedicated to providing high quality orthotic and prosthetic services for adults and children. The 30,000 square foot facility is located at 2850 S. industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Orthotics and Prosthetics Team?
The Orthotics and Prosthetics Center at Michigan Medicine is one of the few University based facilities in the country that offers comprehensive orthotic and prosthetic services and has been awarded the maximum three-year accreditation by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics. As a CO, you will assess patient’s individual needs and custom design orthoses and prosthesis to meet those needs. This position offers the opportunity work within a highly collaborative multidisplinary care team and the ability to provide clinical instruction to medical residents, prosthetic and orthotic residents, and other medical professionals. If you want to develop and grow, maximize and expand your career experience as a CO, there is no better place.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- State of the art technology and equipment
- Tremendous team support
- Supervising and mentorship opportunities
- Conduct research relative to new orthotic and prosthetic designs and outcomes
- You will evaluate and treat the more complex, specialized patients for orthotic services
- You will plan for the fabrication of orthoses in consultation with physicians, patients, and certified technical staff
- You will cover an on-call rotation for the University of Michigan Hospital, in Ann Arbor, as part of the orthotic staff, meeting the orthotic needs of in-patient’s outside of normal business hours.
- You may have the opportunity to represent the Orthotic and Prosthetic staff in UMOPC clinics, seminars and specialty conferences
- You will conduct special projects and research directed toward contributing to outcome measurements, new methods or new orthotic designs
- Certification in Orthotics by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience post-certification in Orthotics
- Experience with use of an electronic health record such as EPIC or OPIE would be helpful
8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. [occasional weeknight and weekend on-call]
2850 S Industrial Hwy, Suite 400 Ann Arbor, MI
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.