Support, expand and maintain the marketing program for the Archimedes Center for Medical Device Security at the University of Michigan. Archimedes is a non-profit organization with members from the medical device manufacturing and HealthCare provider ranks whose goal is to educate and raise awareness about the security and safety of medical devices.
Working closely with the Operations Manager and the Deputy Director, deliver ongoing marketing and communication efforts to maintain member relationships and services, attract new members, attract attendees for two annual conferences, and generally expand the awareness and impact of Archimedes.
- Support, maintain and expand the Archimedes website, including keeping it up to date with information on recent events or publications.
- Leverage, organize and maintain a CRM system to manage, communicate and develop expanded relationships with members, partners, contacts and prospects.
- Proficiently use social media to maintain and communicate with the existing members, market to possible new members, facilitate awareness and support specific marketing efforts.
- Help with the development of marketing strategies, messaging, services, communication methods.
- Collect and organize member, event speaker, and staff bios, photos, publications and
- Create and maintain new and needed Archimedes marketing processes and offerings to improve workflow and member interaction.
- Perform a variety of clerical/administrative functions to support the timely execution of marketing plans and projects.
- Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. Works under minimal supervision.
Expectations of performance
- Predictability and reliability
- High quality and accuracy of work
- Proceeds in a timely and deliberate manner
- Strong and effective communicator
- Positive attitude with great customer interface skills
- Should reside in Minneapolis/St. Paul. MN area to facilitate direct interactions with Deputy Director.
- Solid and working knowledge of marketing principles including traditional and digital marketing/ Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with email software platforms such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or Hubspot.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google AdWords and web analytic tools.
- Demonstrated use of social media for marketing, communications, promotion,
- At least 2 years experience in website development and support.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using CRM relationship management systems, preferably HubSpot.
- Hold and maintain legal work authorization in the United States.
- Able to pass background screening.
Employment Status: Temporary hourly
Term of appointment: One year from date of hire
Application deadline: April 1, 2018
Projected start date: May 1, 2018
Hours per week: 25 (may increase based on performance and need)
Hourly rate: $18.00
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/ .
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity .
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.