The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why become a Social Worker at Michigan Medicine?
At Michigan Medicine, our Social Workers provide bio-psychosocial assessments, treatments, and case management services for patients of varying ages with medical and/or psychiatric diagnoses. You will join a multidisciplinary team that provides state of the art patient care with evidence-based treatment modalities at both the primary and specialty levels. Working for Michigan Medicine will provide you with a positive work/life balance, while also allowing you with the opportunity to improve and develop your career. We would love for you to join our team today to assist our patients with high-level therapeutic interventions.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Continued education allowance
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
What skills would you master?
- You will achieve daily assessments in various situations such as crisis interventions, safety planning, grief counseling, and community referrals.
- You will quickly develop collaborative relationships with the varying ages of patients.
- You will provide short-term psychotherapy using evidence-based practice models.
- Completion of accurate assessments while possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will deliver precise and timely documentation while exercising independent decision-making skills.
- You will accomplish and effectively prioritize multiple contending tasks, while also participating in team meetings.
- Working individually or reciprocally to meet tangible and concrete needs.
- You will function as a patient's advocate while being responsible for providing optimal clinical practice skills for all ages.
What are the qualifications?
- Master’s degree (MSW) in social work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
- Current clinic license (LMSW) to practice social work in the State of Michigan, with clinical certification
- LLMSWs will not be considered for this position
Social Worker MSW Senior
- Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior Classification
- Significant experience with behavioral health and medical social work
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing and delivering evidence-based psychotherapies such as CBT, ACT, DBT, IPT, TF-CBT, etc.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to work within multiple teams of clinics housed in the building
- Capable of making positive judgement calls in a variety of demanding situations
This is a 40 hour per week position, typical working hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday; however, the facility is open 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior Classification
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.