Description of Program
As part of the Michigan Health Sciences Career Development (MHSCDA), the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion (OHEI) is seeking a Facilitator Coordinator directly responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of workshops designed to contribute to the professional development of the MHSCDA participants. The Facilitator Coordinator will oversee the implementation of all workshops, and be responsible for facilitating designated workshop sessions. The Facilitator Coordinator will work closely with and receive direction from the MHSCDA Program Manager.
- Must be available for the Academy session beginning Sunday May 21, 2018 through Saturday July 28th, 2018:
- Specific Academy dates are Sunday, May 27, 2018 to Saturday, July 21, 2018
- Highly developed organizational, administrative, and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Experience in planning and facilitating workshops about social justice concepts such as social identity, power, privilege, and oppression.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and work in busy learning environments.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, engineering, math, science, counseling, psychology, sociology, social work, business, or other related fields.
- Current or admitted medical student desired.
- Experience working with students from underrepresented populations in medicine.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design the content for workshops in collaboration with MHSCDA Program Manager.
- Facilitate professional development and social justice workshops with MHSCDA Program Manager.
- Oversee and facilitate weekly discussion group sessions.
Maintain logistics of workshops
- Manage the implementation of daily workshop logistics.
- Coordinate transportation and/or parking logistics for guest speakers presenting at workshops.
- Monitor and order necessary workshop supplies for planned activities.
- Manage all questionnaires/surveys relative to workshops.
- Create a final report of all the feedback for evaluation purposes.
- Meet with MHSCDA Program Manager on a weekly basis to update on progress of workshops.
Facilitator Coordinators are directly supervised by the Michigan Health Sciences Career Development Academy (MHSCDA) Program Manager.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
$14.00-$16.00 per hour based on relative experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.